Re: KJV mistake

Wed, 3 Apr 1996 16:14:41 -0600

On 4/3/96, A. Brent Hudson wrote:

> -- [ From: A. Brent Hudson * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
> > I read somewhere that the 1611 King James had an error in it regarding
> Jesus'
> > birthplace. My source stated that the KJV stated that Jesus was born in
> > Jerusalem. Can anyone verify this error? (the source did not say where
> in
> > the KJV this error occurred).
>
> This seems to be a common misconception. Right Carl? :-)
> (I couldn't resist)

Yes, I almost re-posted my message from day before yesterday to illustrate
it. The ironic thing (or at least, ONE ironic thing) about this is that
Bethlehem is for all practical purposes a SUBURB of Jerusalem, although it
was certainly a distinct town/city at the time of David's own birth, while
Jerusalem was still the old Jebusite fortress town which David later
conquered and made his base from which to unite the northern kingdom of
Saul with the southern kingdom which he had assumed on his own.

(314) 935-4018