Re: Voice, Transitivity, and Ergativity

Wed, 8 May 1996 10:44:19 -0600

Sorry that I didn't send this to B-Greek--and also to the Hellenistic
Grammar list, where I should perhaps have addressed my concerns in the
first place, but in fact, they arose in response to Shaughn's particular
question over the voice of APOLLUMENOIS and SWZOMENOIS. I very much respect
Stephen's views on this subject, the more so in that he alone really
responded to this question, while the only other real response to the
issues I was raising came in an off-list exchange with another subscriber.
But if any of you who teach and/or think Greek grammar SHOULD happen to
care about this, I'd like to hear/read from them!

(314) 935-4018