Re: Galatians 2 Revisited

Doug W Jantz (dwjantz@juno.com)
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 11:06:29 PST

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996 20:41:18 -0500 (CDT) dangrady@netins.net writes:

>The Commandments were abolished (Ephesians 2:15), nailed to the cross
>(Colossians 2:14), old testament is done away (2 Corinthians 3:13-14),
>that they might be established on our heart by grace through the Spirit
>living in and through us as our "old man" dies and we conform to
Christ's image.

Are you SURE about all this?? The OT in 2 Cor 3??? Or the old covenant?
The two are not synonomous. And in the context of Ephesians, was it not
more referring to the law that separated the Gentiles and Jews because of
their particular boudaries, like circumcision,etc? And now there is no
more distinction?
And I see Paul in Col 2 telling us that what was done away with were the
regulations AGAINST us, the law that said, YOU SIN, YOU DIE! That is no
longer true. Done away with as a way of salvation, and judgment of the
Christian. Someone has paid the penalty of death for us, so that is of
no more effect.

Doug

Doug Jantz <dwjantz@juno.com>
Winona Christian Church