Re: Bellinzoni? [was: Pro-seminar literature synoptics?]

Stephen C. Carlson (scarlson@washdc.mindspring.com)
Sun, 18 Aug 1996 00:11:12 -0400

At 07:19 8/16/96 -0400, Nichael Lynn Cramer wrote:
>At 11:24 AM 8/14/96, Stephen C Carlson wrote:
>>If you are interested in a more technical overview of the major arguments
>>and seminal essays both for and against the Two Source Hypothesis, then
>>
>>Arthur J. Bellinzoni, Jr., ed., THE TWO-SOURCE HYPOTHESIS: A Critical
>> Appraisal (Macon, Ga.: Mercer Univ. Press, 1985)
>>is an excellent resource.
>
>BTW, does anyone know a source for this book?
>
>(H Koester also recommends it as "an excellent survey of the arguments for
>and against the Synoptics Saying Source" --in his _Ancient Christian
>Gospels_-- but I'm afraid I've never been able to actually find a copy.)

I've called its publisher and the book is out of print. Several of the
university libraries in my area carry its (e.g. George Mason, Catholic,
UMd), so I suggest you try your local university libraries. If anybody
has a copy that is for sale, I'd like to buy it, otherwise I'm content
to visit GMU's library.

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen C. Carlson                   : Poetry speaks of aspirations,
scarlson@mindspring.com              : and songs chant the words.