Re: Culmative Index to New Testament Greek

Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@utc.campus.mci.net)
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:23:25 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, it basically collates the indices for Blass, Debrunner, Funk; Brooks
and Winbery; Dana and Mantey; C.F.D. Moule's Idiom Book; Moulton, Howard
Turner (4 vols); AT. Robertson large Grammar; Robertson and Davis' Short
Grammar; and Zerwick's Biblical Greek. It is indexed by biblical verse
numberign ( e.g. Matthew 1:1)

At 09:50 AM 8/22/96 MST, you wrote:
> Dear Kevin,
>
> I am not familiar with this "Culmative Index." What exactly does it
> do> Does it refer to various grammars and their page numbers for a
> given subject?
>
> Sincerely,
> Wes
> ____________________________________________-
>

> From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <cierpke@utc.campus.mci.net>
> Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 16:10:10 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Re: How do I get from the text to the grammar?
>
> Dear Jonathan. A good tool is a culmative index to greek grammars in
> which
> you can look up your verse and see if any grammar touches on it.
>
> Two such tools are:
> Owings, Timothy. _A Culmative Index to New Testament Greek
> Grammars._Grand
> Rapis: Baker, 1983.
>
> Hanna, Robert. _A Grammatical Aid to the Greek New Testament. Grand
> Rapids,
> Baker, 1983.
>
> Also, Daniel Wallace's new Greek Grammar: Beyond the Basics is almost
> encyclopedic in nature and will more than likely touch on your
> passage.

Kevin W. Woodruff
Reference Librarian
Cierpke Memorial Library