Re: Critical Methods List

Stephen C. Carlson (scarlson@washdc.mindspring.com)
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 01:14:59 -0400

At 08:31 8/27/96 +1200, David and Glennis Cashmore wrote:
>Sounds like a great idea to me.
>Would it cover "all" methods (excluding textual I assume)?
>e.g. source, form, tradition, redaction, literary, structural, canonical
>etc

Yes, it would cover all methods as you have described. Although I
would prefer see such a list be run out of a university, I would be
willing to create such a list from my own resources -- if there is a
sufficient demand for a scholarly list about higher (non-textual)
criticism. Is this a viable possibility? Would people join?

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen C. Carlson                   : Poetry speaks of aspirations,
scarlson@mindspring.com              : and songs chant the words.