Re: 2 Thess 2:6

Thu, 5 Sep 1996 20:42:38 -0400

At 10:39 PM -0500 9/7/96, Paul Dixon - Ladd Hill Bible Church wrote:
>David:
>
>Please don't take it personally if we don't respond to you. Don and I
>started this thread some time ago and have been following a particular
>line of thought. When someone else jumps in and writes a lengthy
>response and perhaps one that digresses, some of us who are focused in
>one direction are not too easily tempted to jump boat. Suggestion: try
>to plug in with what is being discussed and make a concise contribution
>or two.

Paul:

Please don't take it personally if we don't understand why a thread that you persist in keeping public, even if only two of you are primarily engaged, must be dictated by one set of concerns only about that passage. This is, after all, a public forum. I'm speaking for myself only here, but it wouldn't surprise me if others too are somewhat surprised at the suggested limitation upon discussion in a public forum. Suggestion: if you don't want others to participate except on your own terms, maybe it would make more sense to take your discussion off the list and continue it privately.