Re: Re-post: using lexicons and learning Greek

Sun, 8 Sep 1996 09:19:40 -0700

At 7:42 PM -0500 9/5/96, Greekroy@aol.com wrote:
>Carl,
>
> I agree & slightly off subject - does your Dept. offer summer intense
>programs?
>
>W. Royce Allison

No, I'm sorry; we do independent study/tutorial arrangements with people, but we have no intensive program as such, and who in the department may actually spend the summer in St. Louis in any particular year is an open question (I probably--can't say for sure, but probably--won't ever spend another in St. Louis!). The major summer intensive programs in Greek and Latin are at CUNY and UC-Berkeley. I might add that these are in classical Greek and Latin rather than in Koine, although I think they'd be very useful even to anyone wanting to develop or enhance skills in Koine Greek. They have intensive Beginning Programs and also more than one level of advanced courses. There are other schools also that do summer courses, but those are the big ones. There's a survey on the Classics discussion list every spring of schools planning to offer summer Greek or Latin in the summer to follow.

I'm sorry I can't help you directly, but I hope the info I do have may not be altogether unhelpful.

Cheers, cwc