Re: Numbered/counted.

Thu, 12 Sep 1996 19:44:52 -0500

At 4:48 PM -0500 9/12/96, John M. Moe wrote:
>hai trixes ths kefalhs pasai hriymhmenai eisin (Matt. 10:30)
>Does this mean they are all counted? (as in the total is a certain #)
>Or does it mean they are numbered? (as in each one has a # assigned to it)
>
>Thanks.
>John M. Moe
>moexx016@tc.umn.edu
>(That's all they is they aint no moe)

Given the contextof this passage in Mt--and its akin to that passage on
God's providence in Mt 6--I would assume that the former explanation is
more likely--that the exact sum of one's hairs is known (because He counted
each one and said, "That's all they is they ain't no moe")--that the most
intimate and trivial details of each person's identity and destiny are
known to God and, because within His ken, not subject to peril apart from
his knowledge and consent.

Supposedly this is a comforting thought, but some anxious persons might
very well be given cause to tremble, should they take it altogether
seriously.

(314) 935-4018