Re: Classical texts and lexica: how useful are they for NT

Paul J. Bodin (pjbodin@sirius.com)
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:19:07 -0700

At 06:40 PM 9/16/96 EDT, Jonathan Robie wrote:

>I've received mail telling me that Smyth is a classical text, not a koine text.
>I knew that. I've had one person who teaches NT Greek tell me that it is still
>the best introduction to Greek for someone who wants to learn NT Greek.

Smyth is certainly not an introductory text. It is, in my opinion, the best
reference grammar available for serious work on the Greek texts of
antiquity; You would want to choose something else for an introduction to
Greek, though.

Paul J. Bodin Internet: pjbodin@sirius.com
Seminary Pastor smail: 1333 66th Street
Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary Berkeley, CA 94702-2617