Re: Camel or Rope?

David L. Moore (dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com)
Wed, 02 Oct 1996 20:39:32 -0400

Craig Abernethy wrote:

> Thanks to David Moore for his message on Lamsa. May I inquire, isn't it
> also a fact that the Peshitta is written in Syriac, that there is no such
> thing as an "Aramaic NT" in Palestinian Aramaic? Isn't there also a
> gigantic problem with supposing the existence of (an unattested) written
> Aramaic original for the gospels?

Another note on this for anyone that might be interested, an article
on Lamsa's claims by E. Yamauchi from _Bibliotheca Sacra_ can be found at the
following address: http://www.bible.org/bibsac/5574/74d4.htm. An article on
a similar theme is also available at
http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/cri/cri-jrnl/CRJ0032A. The latter
comes from the Christian Research Institute, is more theological in focus and
from an Evangelical perspective.

--
David L. Moore                             Director
Miami, Florida, USA                        Department of Education