Re: Gal 4:15: POU OUN hO MAKARISMOS hUMWN;

Sat, 5 Oct 1996 12:50:00 -0700 (PDT)

At 2:50 PM -0500 10/5/96, DWILKINS@ucrac1.ucr.edu wrote:
>Carl, if you don't mind, what is Baszillen? My meager German dictionary
>doesn't include it and I feel as though I'm missing a good punch line.

Sorry, Don, it's a mis-spelling: it should have been "Bazillen" = bacilli = germs. And I misquoted the thing slightly; it should have been "Im Wein liegt Wahrheit, im Bier die Kraft, im Wasser die Bazillen." I had "Staerke" for "Kraft," but of course it means the same thing.

Incidentally, I've been meaning to tell you that I've never been able to get the Prometheus program to open up a file from TLG or PHI CD-ROMs--it crashes immediately. I'll have to send you a run-down of the various INITs I'm running, but the fact is that it crashed even when I tried to run it with minimal Apple INITs--I guess you can't use it at all without the CDROM driver. I'll send you a complee listing of my system and configuration. Basicly it's an LC575 with built-in CD-ROM player and I'm using System 7.5.5. I'll get the complete configuration and send it to you Monday.

Regards, c