Re: Primers

Nichael Lynn Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 10:20:37 -0400

At 3:31 AM 10/21/96, Dr. Ed Bez wrote:
>Our school needs to begin the selection process for a 1st Year Intro to
>Greek text. Our students will in all liklihood have had no exposure to
>Greek. The requirements for the text: Available, affordable, with
>workbook(if such exists), moderately paced, with some NT readings
>included.
>
>Suggestions?

Dr Bez

I would certainly suggest that you consider William Mounce's series _Basics
of Biblical Greek_ (Zondervan).

It seems to meet all the criteria you have listed. In addition, the book
has a "semi-inductive" approach that --speaking from personal experience--
make the book both very useful and a pleasure to read.

(In addition to the text and a workbook, there is a "Graded Reader" as well
as an "Analytical Lexicon" that ties in closely with the books. A number
of associated software programs are also available.)

Nichael
nichael@sover.net -- deep autumn my neighbor, what does she do
http://www.sover.net/~nichael/ -- Basho