Re: LOGOS & hRHMA (was Ancient grammarians)

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 13:04:24 -0500

At 11:16 AM 11/8/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Big, Big, Big questions. I wish I had time to detail a response, but right
>now I've got to get ready for a lecture. Maybe later. Perhaps somebody else
>will have dealt with it by then, but anybody who deals with it adequately
>will not get it stated very briefly!

I know, little Greeks with big questions...

Maybe I should just look it up in the OED? ;->

A couple of meta-comments regarding recent list activity:

1. I appreciate your irenic messages to Timothy Dickens, but I also hope that
you wouldn't be quite as irenic with me. *Please* let me know any time that
you think I should consider handling things differently in order to promote
better discussion on the list.

2. Waiting a little while is probably not a bad idea anyways.
I notice that sometimes the list just waits for Carl Conrad to answer, and
that your answer to a question is often the end of a discussion. I don't really
know if there is anything to be done here - you really are quite good, and
that is widely recognized - but maybe we could goad some of the other scholars
into answering more frequently? The current discussions between you and Edgar
Krentz on grammar and style are fascinating.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email: jwrobie@mindspring.com, jonathan@poet.com