Re: Questions about AORIST PASSIVE (long)

Lee R. Martin (lmartin@voyageronline.net)
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 16:18:42 -0800

Carl W. Conrad wrote:

> "I reach a reconciliation." Well, doesn't the common Lucan verb for
> proclamation, EUAGGELIZOMAI, behave the same way, forming its aorist as
> EUHGGELISQHN? And we know that this is not passive but rather is
> intransitive (the very thing Lee wants to claim, perhaps rightly, about
> HGERQHN = ANESTHN).

A very slight correction. I'm not really "claiming" anything, just
"suggesting." I haven't done enough research to make any claims. But,
this forum is certainly making me think.

Lee R. Martin
Part-Time Instructor in Hebrew and Biblical Studies
Church of God Theological Seminary
Cleveland, TN 37311
Pastor, Prospect Church of God