Re: "EF' hWi" in Rom. 5:12

Johnny Felker (jdfelker@hiwaay.net)
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 00:03:35 -0600 (CST)

At 12:59 PM 11/18/96 -0600, you wrote:
This is a common
>compression into the antecedent clause of the relative word introducing the
>subordinate clause. This, at any rate, is how I understand it. I hope that
>helps; if you still find it problematic, let me know what you see as
>particularly problematic.

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond. Your comments are
interesting and helpful. Being inexperienced in the language, I have not
encountered the idea of compression; but it makes sense. From this
standpoint the NASV "because" makes more sense to me now. I had been
looking at some other places where this combination of words appears and
"because" didn't seem to fit those passages. It was confusing to me; but
you have help clear up the translation.

Best wishes to you. I enjoy reading your frequent posts and profit from
them. I shall continue to lurk and venture a question now and then.
Sincerely,
Johnny