Re: platforms for Biblical Studies

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 17:21:08 -0500

At 01:48 PM 11/30/96 -0800, Paul J. Bodin wrote:

>At 03:50 PM 11/30/96 EDT, Gregory Bloomquist 3027 wrote:

>I just performed the same search on the GNT using Bible Windows, allowing
>for four words between POLUS and the dative form (any dative form). In less
>than a minute it found 97 occurrences, one of which was the Heb. 5:11
>phrase. Of course, many were prepositional phrases...
>
>The search was a simple matter of point-and-click to set up. It's even
>possible to highlight a phrase in the text and ask BW to search for
>analogous constructions.

I just ran the same thing on Gramcord. I required POLUS first, and the
dative immediately thereafter (I'm not sure this is the most sensible way,
but that's what I did). The search took 14 seconds, returned 12 results, and
all had datives in the required position. Hebrews 5:11 was one of them.

I can try variations on this, if you want.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email: jwrobie@mindspring.com, jonathan@poet.com