Re: How to memorize verb forms...

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Thu, 05 Dec 1996 16:38:41 -0500

At 01:07 PM 12/5/96 -0800, Bill Mounce wrote:
>Jonathan Robie wrote:
>>I'm trying to memorize scads of verb forms. What is the best way to do this?
>>
>>Jonathan
>
>I guess my question is, "Why?" If you check the back of my textbook I have
>listed principal (or is it "principle," I can never remember) parts and
>underlined the ones that should be memorized rather than learning ALL the
>rules that apply. There really isn't that many.

Well, since I'm currently trying to learn lots of rules, I should probably
take a look at your textbook. Can I plead laziness and ask which ones you
think should be memorized, since I would have to go somewhere to get my
hands on your textbook?

>"It may be Greek to you, but it is life to me."

To me, it is both.

Acts 2:12 (GNT) existanto de pantes kai dihporoun, allos pros allon
legontes: ti qelei touto einai;

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728