Re: ERXOMAI hIERWi

Don Wilkins (dwilkins@ucrac1.ucr.edu)
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 15:40:42 -0500 (EST)

At 8:15 AM 12/14/96, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
. . .
>Why is it that agreements in principle, especially when they are complete,
>appear so unprincipled? ;-) I don't KNOW that you're wrong, Don, but I'm
>optimistic too! All I can say (in the aoristic present tense [? ;-)] is,
>"I'm from Missouri, and you're going to have to SHOW ME." Maybe I'll go
>immerse myself in the Cave and Figure of the Divided Line, (after making up
>an exam and reading a few more term papers).

I don't think it could have been the Divided Line, but we should all go
immerse ourselves in the Line and the Cave from time to time anyway, to
remind ourselves why we either go to college or teach there. If you come
up with anything on the dative be sure to let us know. This is one issue
for which I am begging to be proved wrong!

Don Wilkins