Re: Having trouble reading the Greek on this discussion

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 23:12:42 -0500

At 06:41 PM 12/18/96 -0800, Somi Chuhon wrote:
>Do I just need to know the transliterations of the greek fromthe keyboard in
>order to type or read it here on this discussion group or is there a way get
>the font to work so I can see it "in Greek"? I am using Eudora Pro as my
>e-mai program if that helps.

Somi,

The web site has a table that explains the transliteration. Take a look at:

http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek

Of course, not everybody uses exactly the same transliteration. One
possibility: in the future, there may well be fonts that are available for
free and which run on the Mac and Windows. When this happens, I can tell
people how to do font encodings that will show up in the archives on the web
site. I'm reluctant to do that until that time.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email: jwrobie@mindspring.com, jonathan@poet.com