Re: Etymology vs. Usage

Mon, 6 Jan 1997 12:24:04 -0600

At 11:53 AM -0600 1/6/97, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
> To be sure, theological arguments have not been explicitly brought to
>bear >upon the subject thus far, but they appear to me to be lurking--and
>to the >extent that this may be the case, I would hope that realm of
>theological >presuppositions which can only undermine community (OU GAR
>OIKODOMEI TOIAUTA!) >make it more difficult for us to be helpful to each
>other. Is there really >something NEW to be said on this issue?

I fear I have committed anacoluthon. ELEHSON! The second to last sentence
above OUGHT to read:

=2E.. I would hope we can avoid a discussion of that realm of theological
presuppositions which can only undermine community 9OUR GAR OIKODOMEI
TOIAUTA!) and make it more difficult for us to be helpful to each other.

(314) 935-4018