Re: Re. What was that!

Wed, 8 Jan 1997 05:55:05 -0600

At 8:30 PM -0600 1/7/97, Paul F. Evans wrote:
>Johnathan,
>
>I got three identical pieces of e-mail, seemingly from B-Greek, requesting
>a survey. The e-mail address was something like stealth@.... They took
>little time to down load and had no personal name attached.

This is what's called "spamming," big league style, although worse types
than this are selling stuff or seeking to enlist people in some
splinter-group's campaign for a cause. I think this guy didn't know any
better, but I could be wrong. Fortunately, it's easy to delete this stuff,
but it's a lot of band-width. These things usually do come in pairs or
triplets.

(314) 935-4018