Re: Septuagint Lexicon

Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 16:22:05 +0000

At 02:55 16/01/97 -0500 jernest@hendrickson.com wrote:

>I understand that vol. 1 will be substantially revised to bring it up
>to the quality of vol. 2, but I don't remember the details.

As vol.2 has been available in this part of the world since November, I can
tell you that the Preface to that volume includes the following:

"In the introduction to the first volume we announced the publication of a
separate volume listing all the verbs forms and their lemmata. Taylor's
_Parsing Guide_ published in 1994 made this work redundant.
Meanwhile another supplement, treating the variants mentioned in the
critical editions, is in the planning stage. We are also working on a
lexicon of Aquila, Theodotion, and Symmachus. The successful completion of
these additional projects largely depends on the generosity of sponsors
such as have supported us up to now: ............"

Hope this is of help.

BTW. the details of Taylor's work, given in a footnote, are:
B.A. Taylor _The Analytical Lexicon to the Septuagint. A Complete Guide to
the Parsing_ ( Grand Rapids 1994 )

What is the going price for this volume, could someone tell me, please?

Regards,

Maurice