Re: List question...

Nichael Lynn Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 08:44:11 -0500

At 12:00 AM 1/23/97, Tom Launder wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I was thinking about something and thought I would ask. . . :)
>Would it be outside the list boundaries to pick a day (like Friday) that
>Theologians and Scholars in and out of the ministry would share
>exegetical insights into the Greek NT? A perfect example of this type
>of idea is found in William Mounce's "Basics of Biblical Greek." At the
>beginning of each chapter some scholar shares a really neat exegetical
>tidbit to the edification of the reader.
>
>Personally, I would love to see people share what they have learned from
>their hours in study. I also think that it would be a benefit to all
>who love and read this list. Yes, it might take a little extra work for
>some of the busy ones on the list, but the opportunity to share Greek
>exegetical insights would be a great blessing.
>
>So what do you all think?

Hi Tom

I think the quick answer is yes, it defintely would be outside list
boundaries to hold such discussions here. This is not based on a desire to
blindly adhere to The Rules; rather experience has shown that virtually all
such discussions rapidly (d)evolve into doctrinal issues that have nothing
to do with the topic at hand. In short, they would not stick to the
"Fridays" that you suggest.

However, that said, I for one agree strongly with what I presume to be your
motivation for asking that question; namely it would be great to have such
a forum for such discussion. However b-greek is clearly _not_ that forum.

Nichael __
nichael@sover.net Be as passersby -- IC
http://www.sover.net/~nichael/