Re: Greek Word Order

Micheal Palmer (mwpalmer@earthlink.net)
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 19:48:39 -0800 (PST)

At 9:48 AM -0600 1/24/97, John Baima wrote:

>For people who are interested in discourse analysis and the GNT, I would
>suggest:
>
>Discourse features of New Testament Greek: A coursebook Stephen H. Levinsohn.

Let me add my recommendation to John's. This book is quite useful. I used
it as one of the texts in a upper-level Greek class at Bluefield College a
year or two ago.

You should take seriously Levinsohn's own cautions at some points, though.
He points out that the research behind some of his claims was based on a
limited selection of texts and may not be applicable to all texts. He does
a very good job of pointing out exactly which texts were analysed in each
such case, so that you can know the extent of his claims.

Micheal W. Palmer
Religion & Philosophy
Meredith College

mwpalmer@earthlink.net