Re: GRAFH

Lee R. Martin (lmartin@voyageronline.net)
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 08:20:00 -0800

Micheal Palmer wrote:

> Yes it does make sense, but it is important to recognize that we do not
> know for sure how much of the k'thuvhm was considered scripture in Paul's
> day. The Hebrew canon was not closed until later and it was precisely this
> section, the writings, which was still in debate. ---------------

Dear Michael,
I'm not sure that that canonization is an acceptable topic for this
list, and I certainly do not want a lengthy discussion of it, but I
just wanted to add a note here.
I believe Leiman (_Canonization of the Hebrew Scripture_) has shown that
the Hebrew Scriptures were firmly established long before the writing of
2 Tim. The only uncertainty was the *order* of the books.

--
Lee R. Martin
Adjunct Faculty in Old Testament and Hebrew