Re: Style-how much can we know?

Michael Miller (ka9dfi@il-icom.net)
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:03:15 +0000

Glenn L. Weaver wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts or know of any sources which discuss
> the accuracy of the style of the New Living Translation (NLT)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Glenn L. Weaver (glweaver@poboxes.com)
> ---> www.netforward.com/poboxes/?glweaver
> ---> www.netforward.com/poboxes/?gracecc
> ---> www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6019

The New Living Translation can best be appraised through its chapter
entitled "Introduction to the New Living Translation." The N.L.T. is
portrayed as a "...dynamic-equivalence translation...a thought for
thought translation...both exegetically and idiomatically powerful."
--The New Living Translation of the Holy Bible, Wheaton, Illinois:
Tyndale House Publishers, 1996, p.
xli
I trust you will find this helpful. Rev. Michael
Miller