Re: PISTIS CRISTOU (was PISTOU CHRISTOU KTL)

Thu, 27 Mar 1997 08:57:19 -0600

At 7:48 AM -0600 3/27/97, Mike Luper wrote:
>Tim Baker wrote:
>>
>> I am working on a paper on the pistou christou formulation found in
>
>Three recent commentaries have come out in support of reading Paul's
>PISTOU CHRISTOU formulation as an objective genitive.

I hate to throw a wet, pedantic blanket over this serious matter, but I do
wish the subject-header could be amended to PISTIS CRISTOU, inasmuch as
PISTOU CRISTOU is neither a subjective genitive nor an objective genitive
but a plain old garden-variety genitive without a referent to point to.

(314) 935-4018