Re: p64+67 available on net?

Stephen C. Carlson (scarlson@washdc.mindspring.com)
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 21:13:32 -0500

At 07:12 4/1/97 -0600, Perry L. Stepp wrote:
>A question: is there a transcription or .gif of p64+67 available anywhere
>on the net? (I'd certainly prefer a transcription, given the choice.)
>I've looked at the Duke collection on Perseus--it's possible that p64+67 is
>there, and I've just missed it. Or is it somewhere else?

These are not on-line resources, but there is a black-and-white picture
of P64 (verso) and P67 (one side) in the latest issue of New Testament
Studies. See T.C. Skeat "The Oldest Manuscript of the Four Gospels?",
NTS 43 (1997): 1, 10. A transcription of P64 (both sides) within a
reconstruction of whole pages is found on pp.11-12.

Also, Tiede & D'Ancona, EYEWITNESSES TO JESUS? Amazing New Evidence
About the Origin of the Gospels (New York: Doubleday, 1996), have a
B&W photographic plate of P64 verso and recto.

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen C. Carlson                   : Poetry speaks of aspirations,
scarlson@mindspring.com              : and songs chant the words.