Re: latin

Bart Ehrman (behrman@email.unc.edu)
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 23:15:52 -0400 (EDT)

Wheelock! I've personally used it to teach myself Latin on four
different occasions over the years. :-)

(The second time was the summer before my first graduate seminar at
Princeton Seminary, a class on the canon with Bruce Metzger; I had been
forewarned that on the first day of class he would hand out the Muratorian
canon and ask us to translate it for next time. He did, and mentioned to
my newly arrived colleagues, who hadn't been so forewarned, that Latin was
being offered in evening school at the local high school! It was a
painful week for a couple of my friends...)

-- Bart D. Ehrman, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill