Re: Mnemonics for the order of the alphabet

Tue, 15 Apr 1997 07:25:21 -0500

At 10:51 PM -0500 4/14/97, Eric Weiss wrote:
>I've got the alphabet down pat (maybe it's 'cause I was in a fraternity
>in college).
>
>Anyway, what I'd like is a mnemonic for conditional clauses (maybe to
>the tune of "Do the Hokey Pokey!" (just kidding) ;-)

I'm not sure, Eric, but I sort of think it went something like this:

THN MEN HOKEY POKEY EAN POTE PRAXHiS, TAUQ' hORA MNHSQHSHi ...

Once you've got the beginning of it straight, the rest will follow

(Cato the Elder's recipe for public speaking: REM TENE, VERBA SEQUENTUR
("Get a good grip on the subject matter and the words will follow.")

(314) 935-4018