Re: Aktionsart vs. Aspect

Jonathan Robie wrote:

>This last phrase caught my attention: "there is confusion in some of the
>literature on Greek because the terms are sometimes not used precisely." *I*
>have certainly found it very difficult to wade through...
>
>Does anybody discuss both Aktionsart and aspect in some level of precise
>detail with respect to the Greek tenses? It would be helpful to see some
>examples.
>
>Jonathan

Fanning does both theoretically and with examples of both, and then shows
how the two interact in specific situations. The book is long, but its not
that hard to understand (except for some of the interaction with certain
"way out there" linguistic theories at the beginning...and who knows what
those folks are talking about anyway ???).

XAIREIN...

Dale M. Wheeler, Th.D.
Research Professor in Biblical Languages        Multnomah Bible College
8435 NE Glisan Street                               Portland, OR  97220
Voice: 503-251-6416    FAX:503-254-1268     E-Mail: dalemw@teleport.com