Re: NT texts in a variety of languages

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Mari Jean Broman Olsen wrote:

>For a research project I am interested in getting NT texts in as many
>languages as possible, particularly in those languages not covered by
>CCAT and Accordance/Gramcord (French, German, English, Spanish,
>Hebrew, Latin, Samarian [!]). I didn't have much luck with a web
>search. Where else might I obtain them free or at a low cost? How
>about translations of other Koine writing (in any language)?

I mentioned several sources in another message. The Online Bible also has
some interesting languages. You can download it from:

         http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/doc/bible

It includes these languages:

      Dutch
            - AV combined with the Dutch Staten Vertling (SVV)
            - AV Combined with New SVV****
            - 1912 LV NT version
      French
            - AV combined with the 1910 French Loius Segond
            - AV combined with the Haitian Creole
            - 1910 Louis Segond combined with 1991 Darby
      German
            - AV combined with the 1905 German Elberfelder
            - AV combined with the 1912 German Luther
            - AV combined with 1905 Elberfelder and 1984 Elberfelder****
            - AV combined with 1912 Luther and 1905 Elberfelder
      Others
            - Hungarian
            - Finish
            - Greek New Testament
                - 1550 Stephanus Text
                - 1894 Scrivener Text
                - 1991 Byzantine Text**
                - Nestle 26 Text**
            - Biblia Hebracia Stuttgartensia Consonantal Hebrew Text**
            - AV - 1983 Afrikaans ****
      Russian
            - AV combined with the Russian Version (RST)
      Spanish
            - AV combined with the 1909 Spanish RV
            - AV combined with the 1989 Spanish RVA**
      Tribal
            - AV combined with Maori (New Zealand)

** Copyrighted material not owned by the Online Bible, used by permission.
*** Copyright status of Haitian version is not known.
**** You must register this otherwise it will not work.

Jonathan Robie   jwrobie@mindspring.com  http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie
POET Software, 3207 Gibson Road, Durham, N.C., 27703    http://www.poet.com