TINI PROS PLHSMONHN THS SARKOS

Greetings!  I'm in the process of moving, so I have no access to any
Greek reference save the tiny glossary in the back of my Nestle-Aland.
So forgive me if I'm asking something that a browse through BDF might
explain.

Reading the last verse of Colossians 2,  we get the phrase " OUK EN TIMH
TINI PROS PLHSMONHN THS SARKOS. "  The glossary suggests two different
translations, either

"which is of no value against indulgence of the flesh" or  "which is of
no value EXCEPT against indulgence of the flesh."

How did  "EXCEPT" get in there?  Which is a better translation?

Thanks.  God's Peace and Godspeed,

Theresa List