hUMAS; hUPARXWN

At 6:14 PM -0400 5/21/97, Jim Beale wrote:

> hUPARXWN PANOURGOS DOLWi hUMAS LAMBANW

hUMAS:

In my dumb haste I hacked the greek: hUMAS -> SE.  Plus, I didn't
really mean to say that I intended to deceive anyone, especially
not everyone!  I was trying to be funny and still make a point,
and I must now get the pliers to extract my tongue from my cheek.
;-(')

hUPARXWN:

Then I realized that hUPARXW is a strange word.  I wonder how it
came to mean either "have" or "be"?  I'm very puzzled by it. . .

Jim