Re: Observations on Ancient Greek Voice (LONG!)

Carlton Winbery wrote:

I have a resources file that I save worthy post into, especially when I can
be informed by them and can profit from them in future writing projects
(not that I would plagarize them but be kept from error).  Carl's post on
this topic is well worth saving.  I would hope that he might write an
Historical Grammar of Greek that would make his thinking (intuitions)
available on such subjects.

I say Amen! to that!  Both Carlton and I have written grammars of the Greek
of this period (in his case, two), and I have to confess that Carl Conrad's
posts on Voice far surpass anything I have ever managed.  I dread the
thought of his wisdom not finding permanent expression in at least a
monograph.  After all, Moule wrote a book of his thoughts on Greek grammar,
not a complete grammar but simply the things he had ideas about, and it
has found a ready audience among many.  I find Carl's posts have more
weight than Moule's Idiom Book, and count myself blessed to be able to read
them on B-Greek, free of charge.

Edward Hobbs