Binary Oppositions

After reading Professor Conrad's treatise on voice I was
left with one or two lingering questions.  Professor
Conrad pointed out that it is a mistake to see
active/passive as the primary binary opposition in verb
voice. He suggests that active/middle is a better
candidate for the primary binary opposition.

Waltke and O'Connor in their treatment of the Hebrew
verb system  (Hebrew Syntax page???)  suggest that not
all phenomena in the Hebrew verb system can be modeled
with binary oppositions. They suggest that there are also
triadic patterns which must be taken into account.

I am wondering if any of the professional grammarians on
this list have discovered the same thing with Greek
grammar. Are there aspects of morphology or syntax
which refuse to submit to the binary opposition model? If
so, how did you deal with them?

Some examples would be illuminating.

Clay Bartholomew
Three Tree Point