Survey on Teaching Revelation

I am writing an article on teaching the Book of Revelation, especially in
relation to the popular "bible prophecy" movement.  If you have taught the
Apocalypse and are interested in contributing to the project, I would
appreciate your brief response to the following questions.  Clearly, this is an
unscientific survey, but I expect it to be helpful.

In what courses do you discuss the Book of Revelation (introductory, courses on
apocalyptic literature, courses on the Apocalypse, other)?

When you teach the Book of Revelation, do you refer to popular interpretations
of it, such as those of Hal Lindsey, Jack Van Impe, and the like?

If you refer to those popular interpreters, how do you deal with them?

Thank you for your help.  The article will appear in a volume edited by Tina
Pippin, called _Teaching Apocalypse_, which will be published by Scholars Press.

(Apologies to those for whom this is off-topic or who may get double-postings.)

--Greg Carey

Assistant Professor of Religious Studies
Rhodes College
Memphis, TN 38112 USA
carey@rhodes.edu