Re: wondering....

Micheal Palmer (mwpalmer@earthlink.net)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 22:54:38 -0700 (PDT)

At 3:38 PM -0500 6/17/97, Lance Crimm wrote:
>Mail*Link(r) Remote wondering....
>I was wondering what the general consensus is out there on the
>difficulty of different geneologies of Jesus.
>Is Matthew's Joseph's and Luke's Marys?

Both genealogies trace the family line through Joseph, although they
mention that he was Mary's husband and not litterally Jesus physical
father. The Christian claim that Jesus was not phisically Joseph's son does
not create a problem for either genealogy. That Joseph *adopted* him would
be enough to make him a legitimate heir.

By the way, does this have anything to do with the *Greek* text of the
genealogies?

Micheal W. Palmer mwpalmer@earthlink.net
Religion & Philosophy
Meredith College

Visit the Greek Language and Linguistics Gateway at
http://home.earthlink.net/~mwpalmer/