Re: Non-Biblical Greek texts electrionic form

Jeffrey Gibson (jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu)
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 22:32:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Clayton Bartholomew wrote:

> I've been burning up my scarce internet time looking for a source of
> electroninc texts of the Greek Classics in Greek. Oxford is one source I
> found but it isn't super convenient. Are there any FTB file sites that have
> the major greek texts just for the grabbing?

Yes and no: Perseus (www.perseus.tufts.edu) has a good selection of texts
which are downloadable in a variety of formats (Greek, Greek in Betacode,
English with Greek morphological tags). But you have to download them
section by section, and they may not have what you are looking for. The
TLG is far and away the best source. Does a local seminary or classics
department (even a friendly professor type) have a copy of this?