Re: James 1:13

Steven Cox (scox@ns1.chinaonline.com.cn.net)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:21:25 +0800

Hi Jeffrey
I am still working through your 80k thesis (thanks)
but will chip in re your solution James 1:13

Isn't it just that once context is established a
second KAKWN is just assumed and therefore ommitted?
Even without grammatical connection the field is
already narrowed to the subject of evil:

QEOS APEIRASTOS ESTIN KAKWN, PEIRAZEI DE (KAKWN) AUTOS OUDENA

one could almost imagine James also writing

QEOS PEIRASTOS ESTIN KALWN, PERAZEI DE (KALWN) TON AGAPETON SOU
(not scriptural - just an example!)

Goodnight
Steven