RE: EIMI and Time (for the second year)

Williams, Wes (Wes.Williams@echostar.com)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 15:25:51 -0600

Dear Rolf,

<I originally wrote:
<<I asked if HN might carry an aorist flavor at times
<<(the omnitemporal type). Carl pointed out that EIMI in itself
has no
<<aorist nuances (i.e. he "zapped" me, twice mind you!). Someone
pointed
<<out in A.T. Robertson's Tome that EIMI can have aorist
implications at
<<times but that it is difficult to determine (if memory serves
me from
<<the non-archived post, Robertson suggested the John 1:1 HN as
an aorist
<<possibility). Rod said that A.T. Robertson can be wrong and I
left it
<<all at that and pondered some more and am still pondering a
year later!

You responded:
>Robertson defines aspect in terms of Aktionsart, so clearly
Carl and Ron
>are correct.
Thank you very much Rolf. This clarification of Robertson's
aspect makes good sense and it looks as though it is the piece I am
missing. Thanks for the "zap" of my thought and your contributions to
b-greek, along with Carl's and Rod's.

Sincerely,
Wes