Re: Help with TLG tranfers

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:28:39 -0400

At 09:15 PM 7/15/97 -0500, Jeffrey Gibson wrote:
>I recently gained access to the TLG with the TLG Workplace from Silver
>Mountain Software as the search engine, and this allows me not only to do
>searches (I did one today through the entire canon on EPIOUSIOS -- nothing
>before Matt 6//Lk 11 or again until the Didachae and then Origen), but to
>save what I've found in RTF files. Now here's the question: is it
>possible (and if so, how) to upload RTF (or even TLG files) to my server
>without the text becoming garbage?

As a matter of fact, RTF is readable as text, and can even be transferred as
text files. But the easiest way is usually to zip it up and upload it with
an FTP program. Are you a mac, pc, or UNIX kind of guy?

I can help you via private email.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie
POET Software, 3207 Gibson Road, Durham, N.C., 27703 http://www.poet.com