Re: Ambiguous NT Readings

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:09:04 -0400

At 03:52 PM 7/21/97 -0400, Nichael Lynn Cramer wrote:
>B Metzger in his discussion of script continuo (in his TotNT) points out
>that the internal cues in Greek (and in particular in Greek read aloud) are
>such that there are only a half dozen or so places in the whole of the NT
>in which any ambiguity of meaning results. (Furthermore, context removes
>any genuine ambiguity from all but only a couple of these cases.)

Help! I need a little context - do you mean ambiguity due to lack of
diacritic markings? Having followed B-Greek for the last year, I assume that
there are more than 6 passages which can be read more than one way...

>Metzger then goes on to cite a couple of specific examples. Does anyone
>have --or can they point to-- an exhaustive list of such readings?

What are the examples that he cites?

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie
POET Software, 3207 Gibson Road, Durham, N.C., 27703 http://www.poet.com