Re: hAPAX LEGOMENA

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 14:54:21 -0400

At 11:26 AM 7/27/97 -0400, Bart Ehrman wrote:
>David,
>
> This is very interesting. Quick question: Matthew, to take an example,
>is probably ten or eleven times as large as 1 Thessalonians. How does
>that affect things? (i.e., wouldnt' 1 thess. be harder than Matthew, on
>average, if it were as long?)
>
>-- Bart D. Ehrman, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

I agree that it is very interesting, and I have another question: how does
the number of hapax relate to the total number of words used by the author,
normalized to some length (e.g. per 1000 words)?

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie
POET Software, 3207 Gibson Road, Durham, N.C., 27703 http://www.poet.com