Re: KOLPOS ABRAAM

Steven Cox (scox@ns1.chinaonline.com.cn.net)
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 10:51:00 +0800

Hello David
Thanks very much. Surprised Fitzmeyer doesn't mention Josephus
but maybe it has to do with the fact that the text (whether
really by Josephus or not) has been tampered with to include
blatant Christian references. In fact the reason I was asking
was to try and assess whether the entire document is a fabrication,
but given the emphasis on Abraham and the Rabb. references you have
just supplied it seems there is a genuine Jewish text underlying
the "additions".

A related question (and I'm sorry for constantly asking bibliography
questions) does anyone know of any other Jewish apologetics (in Greek)
apart from Antiquities of the Jews, contemporary to the NT?

Steven