Re: Spamming for Jesus is good

Edgar M. Krentz (emkrentz@mcs.com)
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 17:28:49 -0500

>The Posthumus Family wrote:
>>Some even preached hoping to "increase" Paul's bondage! So, is it right
>>>to "spam" for Jesus?
>
>Gordon, read the verse carefully. The apostle Paul answers your question
>himself.
>
>What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth,
>Christ is proclaimed; and in that I rejoice. Philippians 1:18.

What is this exchange doing on b-greek? "Spamming for Jesus" is scarcely
legitimate proclamation, uses the unsuspecting recipient's computer space,
will only enrage most (if not all) all recipients, and at best makes the
spammer feel good.

And it is scarcely what Paul is talking about in Phil 1:18, unless you
imply that spamming is proclamation of Christ in pretense.

This discussion belongs in private, not on b-greek.

* Edgar Krentz, Prof. of New Testament *
* Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago *
* 1100 East 55th Street *
* CHICAGO IL 60615 *
* TEL.: 773-256-0752 FAX: 773-256-0782 *
* Office: ekrentz@lstc.edu OR HOME: emkrentz@mcs.com *