REV. 1:18

James C. Clardy, Jr. (JClar100@worldnet.att.net)
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:52:30 -0500

AT&T WorldNet Postmaster wrote:

> This is a report regarding a message you submitted earlier for
> delivery to the recipients listed below. The following additional information
> was provided by the transport agent: Intermail Delivery Daemon
>
> Recipient .edu
> did NOT receive the message at Fri Sep 26 19:40:47 1997
> Due to the following Intermail error:
>
> Notice (External): IDDUnknownUser (36/5)
> The user ".edu" is not known at this site.

> Subject: Revelation 1:18
> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 97 19:49:31 +0000
> From: "James C. Clardy, Jr." <JClar100@worldnet.att.net>
> To: b-greek@virginia, .edu

I have found the recent discussions on the Revelation texts
interesting.

I have a few questions of my own.

In Rev. 1:18 Jesus is said to have TAS KLEIS TOU THANATOU AND TOU
HAIDOU. My first question has reference to TOU HAIDOU.

Is there any biblical(Greek, LXX)/extra-biblical writings which would
confirm the view that SHEOL and HADES are to be equated?

Is there anything about the construction here which would equate
THANATOU and HAIDOU?

Is there some literary connection between KLEIS and HAIDOU?

Thanks,
Jim Clardy