Re: AGAMOS outside NT (fwd)

Jeffrey Gibson (jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:41:47 -0600 (CST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:41:00 -0600 (CST)
From: Jeffrey Gibson <jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu>
To: Daniel =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ria=F1o?= <danielrr@mad.servicom.es>
Subject: Re: AGAMOS outside NT

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Daniel =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ria=F1o?= wrote:

> The Diccionario Griego-Espan^ol shows the following references, not in J.
> Gibson list or LSJ:
>
> Nonn."D".27.319, 16.31
> "IChS" 213a (Ambelia, Morfu, s. IV a.C.) with the chypriot spelling: a)/zamos
> "Sammelb."9642(4).9
> ----
> Sammelbuch's quote are referred to men, Nonnus to women & Qeai/

Another one I now see I failed to include is Harpocration Gramm. Lex. 195.9

The 3 instances in Fragment 1a,32,F of Dionysius Scytobrac[hion Gramm.]
are 11.2; 11.4; 11.6

The instance from Herodianus *De Prosida catholica* is 3.1.275.1 and in
his PERI ORQOGRAFIAS [what probably appeared as blocks or garbage
in my post] is 3.2.466.13

The instance from Hellanicus is Fragment 1a,4,F 108.2

I'm curious to see what these indicate regarding the issue under
discussion.