Re: Louw-Nida Lexicon at DTS

Eric Weiss (eweiss@gte.net)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:11:19 -0600

> On Fri, Nov 7, Eric Weiss wrote:

>> For anyone living in the Dallas Metroplex area, the Dallas
Theological
>> Seminary has a number of new, shrinkwrapped, 2-volume sets of the
>> Louw-Nida "Greek-English Lexicon Based on Semantic Domains" for
$26.00.
>> This is a DEAL!! The normal DTS price is $52.00 and the price from
ABS
>> is about $40.00. (I don't know if DTS students get their normal 20%
>> discount off this item.)
>

> I immediately asked a contact who is adjunct at DTS to grab a set for
> me. He did. Unfortunately, the price was $26 per volume, for a
> total of $56.39 with tax, higher than CBD's price. So don't make any
> special trips to Dallas!

> Cordially,

> S. L. Kull
> Biblical Theological Seminary
> Hatfield, PA 19440
> skull@biblical.edu

I was in the DTS bookstore last week, hence my note about this to the
list. They had one or two shrink-wrapped 2-volume sets on the shelf for
$52.00. They ALSO had a whole stack of shrinkwrapped 2-volume sets in
the floor next to the shelf, each of them clearly tagged "$26.00" -
i.e., 1/2 price. I asked the salesperson in the bookstore and he said,
yes, they had gotten a special deal and the sets were $26.00 apiece. I
told him that was a great deal - he concurred - and I added that I had
paid $35 or so for mine from ABS a year ago. I can only surmise that Mr.
Kull's friend grabbed one of the regular-price-tagged sets from the
shelf and/or the bookstore was already out of the supply of $26.00 sets.

--
"Eric S. Weiss"
http://home1.gte.net/eweiss/index.htm